A GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) gateway is a
device that allows for the connection of traditional telephone systems, such as PBX (Private
Branch Exchange) systems, to a GSM mobile network. This enables companies to take advantage
of the benefits of mobile communication, such as increased mobility and flexibility, while
still using their existing telephone infrastructure.
A PRI (Primary Rate Interface) gateway is a device that
enables the connection of a traditional telephone system, such as a PBX (Private Branch
Exchange), to a digital telephone network. PRI is a signaling standard that provides a
high-speed connection for voice and data transmission over a digital telephone network.
- PRI gateways work by converting analog signals from a PBX
- Into digital signals that can be transmitted over a digital telephone network
- This allows organizations to take advantage of the benefits of digital
- Such as improved call quality and increased network capacity
- while still using their existing telephone infrastructure